Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has always spoken of his desire to add to his thin squad in the winter transfer after watching his side fall massively behind Premier League leaders Manchester City in the title race.
It is believed the Premier League champions were reportedly lining up a £33 million move for Vidal this month with Conte keen to bolster his midfield options with the services of the Chilean.
Reports suggest Antonio Conte is a huge admirer of the box-to- box midfielder having previously worked with him for three years at Juventus between 2011-2014, the pair enjoyed a good relationship of which both dominated the Serie A together by winning three consecutive titles.
Speaking on Arturo Vidal last month, when quizzed about the possibility of a potential reunion, he said:
“Arturo is a fantastic player, I have a great respect for Arturo, and we spent many years in Juventus together. He also added.
“If we go to war, I’d always want him with me.”
However, despite Chelsea’s keen interest, Jupp Heynckes has revealed that their is no way the Chilean will be exiting the Allianz Arena this month as the Blues might have to look elsewhere or go back for him in the summer.
Speaking at a news conference on Saturday, he said:
“There’s been no contact between Chelsea and Bayern,” He also added.
“We won’t sell Arturo Vidal or any other player during the winter market.”
Arturo Vidal has been key for the Bavarians this season having impressed in the middle of the park and has featured in 26 games for the Bundesliga giants across all competitions.
Although, with 18-months left on his existing contract at the Allianz Arena and talks of a new deal not progressing well, the Bundesliga leaders might be hoping to cash in on the Chilean in the summer.
The 30-year- old is a box-to- box midfielder known his energy, workrate, concentration, long shots, passing, vision, versatility, creativity and leadership qualities.